Podiatry Qualifications

What is the difference between a chiropodist and a podiatrist?

There is no difference between the two terms.

Podiatry qualifications explained

It is always wise to ensure that the podiatrist you see has the right qualifications. Make sure that you choose a practitioner who uses either podiatrist or chiropodist in their title, and is HCPC registered (HCPC followed by the letters CH and a number).

The podiatrist will also have one or more of the following after their name:

From the The Royal College of Podiatry.

From other Professional Bodies or Universities:

RCPod The Royal College of Podiatry

BSc Podiatry Bachelor’s degree in Podiatry

MRCPod Member of The Royal College of Podiatry

MSc Master of Sciences

PGCert Postgraduate Certificate

BSc(Hons) Podiatry: Bachelor’s degree with honours in Podiatry

FFPM RCPS(Glasg) Fellow of the Faculty of Podiatric Medicine of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow

If the practitioner calls themselves a Foot Health Practitioner FHP, they have completed a private sector training course in foot care that is not recognised by the HCPC.